A sacada is a move that is found in tango and few, if any, other dances. It's part of the class of characteristic tango moves involving foot and leg play. There are many kinds of sacadas, but they all involve one partner (most often the leader) displacing the partner's leg by either touching it or appearing to touch it.
Contact either low (ankle) or high (thigh). There may be no actual contact but only the appearance of contact as the leader steps into the position the follower's foot is leaving. If there is contact, it should either be low (around the ankle or lower calf) or high (on the thigh). Sacadas should never hit the knees.
Easy v hard sacadas. If the foot/leg that is being displaced is going where it naturally would anyway, then it's easy. Even if the leader doesn't touch the follower, it will typically still look like a sacada. If the sacada will cause the follower's leg to go in a different direction than it normally would take, it may be more difficult to execute correctly.
Simple sacadas in front ochos
- How to Sacada 3:06
- By Hudson Dance Studio Edgewater. Simple sacada in forward ocho, then putting them into a chain of these sacadas, and finally one of the giro+sacadas patterns.
- Sacada con Ocho Adelante 5:00
- By Osvaldo & Mora. Teaches sequence of forward ocho sacadas.
- Forward Ochos & Sacadas for Leader and Follower 2:57
- By Michelle & Joachim. Shows a simple sacada (leader's left - follower's left) during front ochos. They also show a more advanced chain of leader then follower then leader etc sacadas.
- How to Sacada 3:38
- By Diego Blanco & Ana Padrón. Shows a sequence of three sacadas starting at position 5 with a giro. The first two are sometimes called easy sacadas because the leg that is being sacadad is already about to move in that direction. The third sacada, high in the thigh area, causes the follower's leg to do a boleo.
- Tango 202: more Sacadas 2:04
- By Los Angeles Tango Academy. Lots of nice sacadas.
- Tango 301: Sacadas Deconstructed 2:20
- By Los Angeles Tango Academy. Nice, clear dancing with sacadas at all levels. I'm not sure what the word "deconstructed" has to do with this video, but it's worth watching.
- Tango interactions » Sacadas I - 08.11.2015 7:16
- By Tanguito. Starts with the simple front ochos sacadas, but quickly moves to the high inside sacadas done while walking in cross-foot.